By Roz Jones
As a caregiver, it is crucial to be vigilant about any activity that occurs on your financial accounts. The use of technology can be a helpful component of your plan to keep your money safe. Here are some strategies you can employ to leverage technology to safeguard your accounts:
- Change your personal account passwords: If someone knows your passwords, it’s vital that you change them right away.
- Monitor accounts with online tools: Many banks and financial services offer apps and online tools that can help you keep an eye on your accounts. These tools can send you automatic alerts about deposits, withdrawals, and other actions. They can also provide a record of any transactions that go against your contract or client agreement, which can be useful if you need to inform your employer, lawyer, or judge. Moreover, these tools can help you manage your own personal finances by monitoring direct deposits, automatic withdrawals, and your balance.
- Monitor social media activity: Lawyers and judges often use social media activity to make decisions about financial matters. Therefore, be cautious about what you post on social media, especially posts related to money, your job, your clients, or any other personal information. Remember that once you post something, it can always be copied and saved, so deleting it may not be enough to protect you.
- Figure out how to handle joint accounts: Joint accounts are sometimes necessary for regular caregiving expenses, such as housekeeping and home care. Make sure to agree with your client/Loved One on how to handle the joint account and how to use it during the duration of the contract/client agreement. For instance, if your client needs immediate payment for medical care, you can use the joint account to have immediate access to funds. Both of you may need online access to the account, so make use of the technology that your bank offers to monitor it closely.
- Be aware of tracking software and tools available: In some cases, it may be necessary to use tracking software and tools if you are using joint accounts. These tools can enable you and/or your client/Loved One to see and monitor financial activities, including those that occur online or on your phone. However, before you opt for this option, consult your employer, or lawyer, or check the local laws first. Also, make sure to keep track of all the software and programs you find on your devices.
Caring for someone or being cared for can be a challenging time for both parties. It’s essential to be proactive about protecting finances while providing care. By following these tips and leveraging technology, you can feel more secure about your finances. Find out how to have secure communication and store data to better protect your finances.
May is Mental Health Month: Take Control of Your Mental Health with 31 Daily Tips
Mental Health America is proud to announce May as Mental Health Month, a time to prioritize and take control of your well-being. This year’s theme is Take Some Time To Look Around, Look Within emphasizing the importance of creating a supportive and uplifting environment for yourself and those around you. To help you achieve this goal, MHA has created a daily calendar with 31 tips for improving your mental health for the month.
Whether you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, stress, or simply looking for ways to maintain a healthy mindset the Mental Health Calendar has something for everyone with each day featuring a different tip or activity to promote self-care, resilience, and positive thinking.
Download the Mental Health Calendar now to learn how to cultivate a more supportive and nurturing environment for yourself and your aging loved one, while also building stronger relationships with those around you!
Shop The Caregiver Cafe E-Commerce Store!
We founded The Caregiver Cafe Shopify Store with one simple goal: to help you experiment with your passion while at the same time providing amazing prices. We were tired of cookie-cutter stores with lackluster selections, and boring gifts. Instead of offering a huge unoriginal collection, we carefully curate just a few unique pieces perfectly suited for people the taste buds like you.
We focus on items that get you excited about shopping again, as we believe buying online should always be fun!