By Roz Jones
As caregivers, we are always looking for fun activities to do with our aging clients or loved ones. This month, we’ve put together a list of some fun activities that you can enjoy with your loved one! Whether you’re looking for something to keep them active and engaged, or just want to spend some quality time together, these activities are sure to please. So get out there and have some fun!
- Visit the different farmer’s markets in your community: August is a great time for you and your aging client or loved one to visit your local farmer’s market and support local farmers! Take your client or loved one out to enjoy some quality time by picking fresh produce to make a healthy meal this month!
- Make a list of good lunch ideas the children might like at school: With school swiftly approaching, many parents are preparing for their children to go back to school. If this is the case for you, be sure to have your aging client or loved one help write down different lunch ideas the children might enjoy!
- Make homemade ice cream: Who doesn’t love ice cream on a hot summer day? Check out this link to learn how you can make homemade ice cream in 5 minutes!
- Go to lunch for National Senior Citizens Day on August 21st! Show your aging client or loved one some love and appreciation by taking them to their favorite restaurant on August 21, 2022.
- Go for a bicycle ride around the neighborhood: The summer months are a perfect time to go bike riding in your neighborhood. Take your aging client or loved one out for some exercise and fun. I’m sure they will love it!
Aging doesn’t have to mean slowing down. In fact, with a little creativity and plenty of love, it can be a time for fun and exploration. So go ahead and try out one of these activities – we guarantee you won’t regret it! And if you do, well, there’s always homemade ice cream waiting for you.
Are you a Caregiver wondering if telehealth is a good option for your aging client or loved one? Check out my podcast to learn about the pros and cons of telehealth!
ATTENTION: INSTAGRAM UPDATE!!!
Thank you for your patience with me as I attempted to gain access to my Instagram account @rozjonesenterprises! Unfortunately, I have been prompted to create a NEW Instagram account.
Be sure to follow my new Instagram page @rozcaregiverconsulting and check out my top business mistakes as a Business Owner!
(Click the link above to access my new Instagram page with ease!)