By Roz Jones
As a caregiver, you may be responsible for managing your loved one’s health care. If your loved one is enrolled in Medicare, you may be wondering what Part B covers and how it works. Here’s a quick overview of Part B Medicare.
What is Part B Medicare & What Does it cover?
Part B is sometimes called “Medigap” coverage because it helps cover some of the costs not covered by Part A. This can include things like outpatient care, preventive services, and durable medical equipment.
Who is eligible for Part B Medicare?
In order to be eligible for Part B Medicare, your loved one must be 65 years of age or older and a United States citizen or legal permanent resident. Your loved one may also be eligible if you are under 65 years old and have a disability.
What Doesn’t Medicare Cover?
There are some services that Part B does not cover. It is important to note that Part B Medicare does not cover hospitalization costs of nursing home care. These include long-term care, dental care, eyeglasses, and hearing aids. Additionally, Part B has a deductible that must be met before coverage begins. Once the deductible is met, Part B pays for 80% of covered services. Your loved one is responsible for the other 20%.
How much does Part B Medicare cost?
Part B also has an out-of-pocket maximum. This is the most your loved one will have to pay for covered services in a year. Once the out-of-pocket maximum is met, Part B pays for 100% of covered services for the rest of the year.
As a caregiver, it is important to be aware of the different types of coverage that are available through Medicare. In this blog post, we’ve given you an overview of what Part B Medicare is and what it covers. We hope this information will be helpful to you as you navigate the world of healthcare with your loved ones.
If you would like to learn more about Part B Medicare, be sure to sign up for my newsletter below!
Are you a Caregiver who is struggling with being confident in the decisions you have to make for your aging clients or loved ones? Check out the latest episode of The Caregiver Cafe Podcast to learn why you should trust your gut!
ATTENTION: INSTAGRAM UPDATE!!!
Thank you for your patience with me as I attempted to gain access to my Instagram account @rozjonesenterprises! Unfortunately, I have been prompted to create a NEW Instagram account.
Be sure to follow my new Instagram page @rozcaregiverconsulting and check out my top business mistakes as a Business Owner!
(Click the link above to access my new Instagram page with ease!)